We have Reopened – What You Need to Know
We reopened in June and are so excited to see you again! As you know, your safety and care has always been our top priority, and when you return to the office you will notice even further measures in place to keep you safe. We’ve revised our procedures to accommodate social distancing, additional personal protective equipment for staff and patients, and to provide even greater barriers to the spread of communicable diseases such as the coronavirus.
We want to share with you some of the changes to expect. We will do COVID-19 screening and take protective measures at your visit:
- By checking your temperature
- Asking you questions regarding your health and well-being
- Having you use hand cleaner, upon entering
- Providing you with a mask, as needed
- We may assign you a seat in our waiting area prior to your appointment start time
- We may ask that your family members wait outside the office
- You may be assigned a sterilization officer to escort you about our facility
These are important measures to protect our patients and staff. They will also add time and complexity to appointments and, as a result, it will make scheduling more complex. We will do everything we can to accommodate your needs, particularly if you have urgent needs. We will prioritize cleaning appointments based on the patient’s history of periodontal disease and associated risk.
We are actively reaching out to every patient at this time to reschedule or confirm previously made appointments. In many cases we may have to move or alter your appointment time due to greatly reduced staffing, new social distancing measures, etc. Please be patient with us as we move forward in caring and protecting you during the pandemic. Your trust and loyalty are so appreciated! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions. We are working extra hours to accommodate as many as possible through this time.