Doing Our Part To Keep You Safe While Providing Essential Care
Lake Grove Dental is here to provide vital & essential care during this second spike in COVID-19. Because of the change in research and information known about COVID-19 some of our precautions have been altered since our initial opening. Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all of the CDC guidelines, however, inlight of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional protocols to ensure your safety and comfort. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Upon entering the office your temperature, and our team’s temperatures will be taken.
- Masks are required inside the building at all times, except when directed by a health professional to remove your mask for treatment.
- Our protocol for scheduling patients has changed in order to minimize contact with other patients in the waiting area as well as in the hallway.
- We provide, in office and remote, paperless options for payment, forms, and scheduling.
- Our waiting room is designed to easily allow 2-3 patients, caregivers, or guardians to wait while maintaining 6 feet of distance between you and other patients.
- Require hand washing and/or sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with 360 degree HEPA filtration continuously cleaning 98% of harmful pathogens from the air in treatment rooms and common areas.
- Introduced protocols to reduce airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields or double masks, gowns, surgical hats, and support staff goggles to protect against the smallest of germs.
- Enhanced daily disinfectant procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues and updated research based information related to this pandemic.
- A $10 appointment fee used to help supply and maintain the office with vital personal protection equipment may apply.
Our staff has always made infection control a top priority and we will continue to do so. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We are happy to have the responsibility of giving essential, and safe, treatment to our patients during this time. Our Lake Grove Dental family looks forward to seeing you. As per usual, we will continue to give patients state of the art dental care, focused on overall wellness and health, as well as a safe space to interact with our caring staff.
If there are any questions, feel free to call us at 503-636-3641.
Dr. Branen and staff